Friday, April 16, 2010

World War II(1939-1945)



Pictures of world war II

In my dreams, Children sing
A song of love for every boy and girl
The sky is blue, the fields are green
And laughter is the language of the world
Then I wake and all I see is a world full of people in need

Tell me why, does it have to be like this
Tell me why, is there something I have missed
Tell me why, cause I don't understand
When so many need somebody
We don't give a helping hand
Tell me why

Every day, I ask myself
what will I have to do to be a man
Do I have, to stand and fight
To prove to everybody who I am
Is that what my life is for?
To waste in a world full of war

Tell me why, does it have to be like this
Tell me why, is there something I have missed
Tell me why, cause I don't understand
When so many needs somebody
We don't give a helping hand
Tell me why
Tell me why
Tell me why
Just tell me why (why, why, why)

(why why do we always say?) tell me why
(why why do we pass the blame?) tell me why
(why why does it never rain?)
can someone tell us why we cannot just be friends
--Declan

It is bitter to recall the history of world war II.
Yesterday I have watch a movie called "the pianist"...
A true story.
Happened years ago during the broke out of world war II.
Heartbreaking,touching and a respectful one...

Wladyslaw Szpilman,a Polish Jew,a celebrated composer and pianist,
played the last live music heard over Polish radio airwaves
before German conquered Poland.During the brutal occupation,
Poland of Jewish descent being discriminated,killed,and treated badly
by German soldiers.I wonder why German military personnel so hate Jewish,
the smartest tribe in the world??why???
From 50 million jewish in Poland.....become only 6 million???
However, Szpilman eluded deportation and remained in
the devastated Warsaw Ghetto.He struggled to stay alive even
when cast away from his family and loved ones.He would eventually
reclaim his artistic gifts,and confront his fears,with aid from the unlikeliest source
-a German officer,Hesenfeld who helped him hide in the final days of the
war.However,this kind officer failed to retreat from Poland,being captured
and died in the Soviet Prisoner Camp in1952(7 YEARS LATER AFTER
WORLD WAR II)whereas Szpilman died in July2000,he was 88 years old.

2 comments:

  1. I watched it before. really nice. But sad. Haha.. wanna watch it again. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. yalo~and the pianist in this movie really 'geng' o....

    ReplyDelete